The leaves haven’t quite yet begun their transformation to beautiful shades of red, yellow, and orange but it is time to start thinking about your marketing strategy for the upcoming holiday season. This is especially due to the new consumer mindset that began during the pandemic and is here to stay, shopping for holiday gifts earlier than normal to avoid delays and out of stock items. Prior to the hefty supply chain issues, most consumers began their holiday shopping after Thanksgiving or in other words, on Black Friday. In 2021, the market saw nearly 50% of consumers holiday shopping before Thanksgiving (Sensormatic). Is your business present online to capture the early holiday shoppers? Here are some strategies for a successful 2022 holiday season:
- Multi-channel media mix is critical.
- Consumers strive for convenience and the brands and businesses that meet them when and where they are will win. If your business has an integrated marketing mix of Video ads, Display ads, Social ads, and/or Search ads, you’ll increase the likelihood of driving more customer volume during peak shopping season.. The right mix can ensure you reach customers at each phase of the buying journey, from initial research to purchase, on both desktop and mobile.
- Video ads will be especially important.
- The pandemic taught consumers to lean more on online shopping than ever before. Now, for the first time, consumers are watching more content through streaming services than cable. On average, consumers watched 190.9 billion minutes of streaming content per week in July 2022 (Nielsen). From the safety of their home, consumers can complete most of their holiday shopping. This is where video ads can start play an important role. In comparison to Display or Social ads, you have more time to explain your product or service to the consumer. The more info or excitement created from the ad, the more likely they will be interested in purchasing your product/service.
- Social for Gen Z
- Facebook and Instagram are great channels if you are trying to reach a younger audience. Not only does it help drive site traffic, but 87% of Generation Z say they expect to be inspired by social media for holiday gifts (Deloitte).
In addition to having your marketing tactics in place, it is also important to ready your site for the increased traffic. Doubling down to make sure it works seamlessly on mobile and desktop. Just remember that mobile commerce sales are projected to exceed $430 billion in 2022 and time spent in shopping apps has already hit over 100 billion hours globally (Tidio). So, get prepared for the holiday season and before you know it, the holiday season will be in full swing.
LOCALACT 4.1.9 has been released and includes new features that are now available to all users! Log in to your account to see the latest updates and test out the new features. New Enrollment Process An all-new process has been rolled out for enrollment in services within the LOCALACT app. The update provides a cleaner […]